We know where you live.
But given that's the whole point of Locatable, we hope you'll understand.
- What information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to our newsletter or respond to a survey and give feedback.
- When registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name and e-mail address. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalise and tailor your experience so that we can provide the best solutions for your own individual needs;
- To improve our website and manage capacity based on anonymised usage data and feedback we receive from you; or
- To send periodic emails. We use Mailchimp to handle our emails and neither of us will sell your email address, pass it on to any unauthorised third parties or bombard you with spam. In fact, if you give us your email address, the only things we'll be sending you are important Locatable updates and information about testing new features. You can unsubscribe from these emails by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of them.
- How do we protect your information?
- Our website is hosted on Heroku, who use Amazon Web Services to provide a secure environment for running applications and storing customer data. You can see Heroku's security policy here.
- We use of a secure server. All supplied information is transmitted via industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
This site uses different types of cookies, some of which are placed by third party services that appear on our pages. Some of these cookies are necessary to allow the site to function correctly. Other cookies are optional and you can opt-out of them. We use Cookie Consent to manage your consent to our optional cookies, where you can change your settings at any time.
Name Purpose Expiry _locatable-site_session Managing your user session and login if you have an account Session cc_analytics Stores your consent to our Analytics cookies using Cookie Consent 1 year cc_social Stores your consent to usage of third party social media cookies using Cookie Consent 1 year vanity_id Randomly assigned anonymous session identification number 1 month
We use Google Analytics cookies because we need to capture information about how many people are using the site and how they are using it. We use this information to both ensure we have enough capacity and to continuously improve the service. The third party service Google Analytics sets cookies on our behalf (more information here). These cookies cannot be used to identify you personally. These cookies will not be set if you opt out using Cookie Consent.
Name Purpose Expiry _ga Used to distinguish users. 2 years __utma Used to distinguish users and sessions. 2 years __utmb Used to determine new sessions/visits. 30 minutes __utmc Used to determine new sessions/visits. Session __utmz Stores the traffic source or campaign that explains how the user reached your site. 6 months __utmv Used to store visitor-level custom variable data. 2 years
We use UserVoice to collect user feedback and for customer support. UserVoice sets cookies to monitor usage of their embedded tools on our website. These cookies will not be set if you opt out using Cookie Consent.
Name Purpose Expiry uvts Used to track user usage analytics. 1 year __uvt Used to test whether cookies are enabled. 1 year
- Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
- We do not sell, trade, or disclose personal identification information to others without your explicit permission, or as required under any applicable law. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
- Third party links
- Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
- Terms and Conditions
- Please also visit our Terms and Conditions, establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.
- Your Consent